The position of Customer Service Representative (CSR) is responsible for providing exceptional customer service in all aspects of the position. The primary responsibilities of the position include teller and new accounts duties. Teller duties include, but are not limited to: processing deposits; cashing checks; processing loan payments; and balancing cash drawer, ATM, and vault. New account duties include, but are not limited to: opening all types of deposit and time accounts (DDA, Savings, CD, IRA, and Business Accounts), taking care to follow compliance guidelines (including Bank Secret Act and Anti-Money Laundering) and completing required compliance testing. Incumbent is required to follow established Teller and New Account policies and procedures and is expected to be knowledgeable of and cross-sell all bank products and services.
1. Provide exceptional customer service to both internal and external customers at all times. Follow established customer service program.
2. Represent the bank in a professional manner at all times while performing duties.
3. Maintain the privacy and confidentiality of customer information.
4. Process deposits, cash checks and savings withdrawals, process loan payments, issue cashier’s checks and process safe deposit box rental payments, following all established teller procedures.
6. Maintain ATM and/or vault as needed and in accordance with established guidelines.
7. Open all types of deposit products including: DDA, Savings, CD, IRA, and Business Accounts. Open products for all types of ownerships including: Individual, Joint, Trust, Corporations, and LLC, following all established new account procedures. Follow compliance guidelines including BSA and AML.
8. Follow appropriate compliance guidelines. Complete compliance testing as required.
9. Remain knowledgeable of all bank products and services. Cross sell all bank products and services. Work toward branch/bank sales goals.
10. Follow established security protocols and minimize risk to the bank at all times (ex: opening and closing of the bank, utilizing dual control, customer service standards, etc.)
11. Assist with customer inquiries electronically, in person and by phone. Solve customer problems at point of contact within given authority.
12. Complete branch administrative duties as needed or directed (ordering supplies, sorting mail, filing, etc.)
13. Various other duties as assigned.
This job description and the enumerated Essential Duties are intended to provide general guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned or assumed by the incumbent as necessary to fulfill the requirements of the position.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The position spends time writing, keyboarding, speaking, listening, lifting, carrying, seeing (such as close, color and peripheral vision, depth perception and adjusted focus), sitting, pulling, walking, standing, squatting, kneeling and reaching.
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), scanner and image systems, encoder, money counter, credit card terminal, computer terminal, personal computer, printers, or other equipment as directed.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to read and understand documents and instruments, perform detailed work, and utilize problem-solving skills. Incumbent must also display proficiency with customer contact, analytical reasoning, math, language, and verbal and written communication. Incumbent must also be able to manage stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
• Previous customer service experience is strongly preferred.
• Interpersonal skills to work with a diverse group and to deal with the public in a professional and courteous manner.
• Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, host computer system, and word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs.
• Basic math skills; including but not limited to, ability to calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors; and count currency, coin and negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and communicate clearly with customers and employees.
• Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
• The position requires the incumbent to hold a current, non-suspended driver’s license and a personal motorized vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage as governed by Bank policy. The incumbent may be required to travel in their personal motorized vehicle between Bank and customer locations, or to training/conferences in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities. Such travel may include travel both during the day and overnight and in and out of state as required.
Management reserves the right to change this job description at any time according to business needs. This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not meant to alter the at-will status of employee’s employment in any way. Chambers Bancshares, Inc. reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, at any time, with or without notice, as it may deem appropriate.
REGULAR WORK HOURS: Monday–Friday 8:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.; Saturday 9:00 a.m.–12:00 noon; occasional overtime work as directed.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED). • Previous customer service experience is strongly preferred.