The Deposit Operations Specialist is responsible for helping maintain the daily and ongoing support of new and existing product service requests. Supports all new account transactions; assists CSR’s with opening, maintaining and closing of all account types; provides exceptional customer service in all aspects of the position. The Deposit Operations Specialist is also required to be fully knowledgeable and skilled in the areas of new account opening and documentation requirements along with Bank policies and procedures. Must follow all compliance guidelines and complete required compliance testing. Also required to assist in the cross training of less experienced team members.
1. Provide quality customer service to both internal and external customers at all times. Follow established policies and procedures. Represent the bank in a professional manner at all times.
2. Maintain in depth knowledge of deposit accounts, products, opening, maintenance, and building procedures, including but not limited to, a full knowledge of all account documentation requirements and the NBS imaging and exception program, Reg. CC Funds Availability Schedules and the policy and procedures set forth by the Deposit Compliance Officer as they relate to Chambers Bank and an understanding of Reg D policies and procedures.
3. Provide support to CSRs regarding account opening procedures per the Bank’s policy in a courteous manner; provide effective deposit personnel assistance by answering questions; investigate and correct errors; and resolve problems or other issues.
4. Maintain and display ability to figure FDIC insurance coverage and calculate interest on accounts.
5. Complete reporting on the opening and closing of deposit accounts.
6. Send out the Ratewatch report to bank employees.
7. Review New Accounts, CD’s and IRAs from the previous day and look up deposit items associated with these transactions daily. Return items with errors found for correction.
8. Classify deposit accounts and perform maintenance on NBS document imaging.
9. File returned mail on CDs or IRAs. Maintain a calling program to obtain current addresses when possible.
10. Investigate and resolve research and adjustment inquires within the Bank’s policies and procedures.
11. Mail out CD maturity notices and disclosures, checking and providing maintenance for CD autoset rates and penalty codes in compliance with terms.
12. Gather data and process various reports and callbacks.
13. Review and process business internet banking applications.
14. Type routine letters, reports and forms; other duties and special projects as assigned.
15. Treat people with respect; keep commitments; Inspire the trust of others; work ethically and with integrity; uphold organizational values; accept responsibility for own actions; help assure compliance with all Bank policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal banking laws, rules and regulations; complete administrative tasks correctly and on time.
This job description and the enumerated Essential Duties are intended to provide general guidelines for job expectations and the employee’s ability to perform the position described. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and tasks may be assigned by the incumbent’s supervisor as deemed appropriate.
ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
The incumbent for this position may operate any or all of the following: telephone, smart phone, copy and fax machines, adding machine (calculator), scanner and image systems, encoder, computer terminal, laptop computer, personal computer, tablet, printers, or other equipment as directed. The telephone, computer, and scanner will be the primary tools used daily.
The incumbent will spend most of the time performing this position in a professional office-type setting. The majority of time will be spent at a computer reading reports and excel spreadsheets, sitting in a chair, and walking to the printer.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The incumbent in this position must be able to read and understand documents and instruments; perform detailed work; and problem solve. Incumbent must also display proficiency in customer contact, analytical reasoning, math, language, presentation skills, and verbal and written communication. Incumbent must be able to effectively manage stress, multiple concurrent tasks, and constant interruptions.
• Knowledge of state and federal banking compliance regulations, and other related Bank operational policies.
• Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, host computer system, and word processing, spreadsheet and account opening software programs.
• Basic math skills; including but not limited to, ability to calculate interest and balance accounts; add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals; locate routine mathematical errors.and count negotiable instruments in a timely manner.
• Effective verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to apply common sense to carry out instructions, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence, and communicate clearly with customers and employees.
• Ability to work with general supervision while performing duties.
• The position requires the incumbent to hold a current, non-suspended driver’s license and a personal motorized vehicle with appropriate insurance coverage as governed by Bank policy. The incumbent may be required to travel in their personal motorized vehicle between Bank and customer locations, or to training/conferences in the course of performing assigned duties and responsibilities. Such travel may include travel both during the day and overnight and in and out of state as required
The Bank reserves the right to change this job description at any time according to business needs. This document does not represent a contract of employment and is not meant to alter the at-will status of employee’s employment in any way. Chambers Bancshares, Inc. reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, at any time, with or without notice, as it may deem appropriate.
These specifications are general guidelines based on the minimum experience normally considered essential to the satisfactory performance of this position. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to perform the position in a satisfactory manner.
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Minimum of one year of branch and/or deposit operations experience.
• Educational experience through in-house training sessions, formal school, or financial industry related curriculum.